CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm like Christopher Columbus (except way cooler)

So many discoveries have been made in the past few weeks. Top Five? Here you go:


1) The Maine
2) Hope's dislike for people
3) I'm bad at remembering the things I was going to blog about whilst being good at remembering what the main idea of the blog is
4) I can't remember my other discoveries
5) Not being able to remember is annoying.

I have had very little to post about, but of course there is another poem. Read on my friends.


she wonders over to him,
melancholy at the prospects--
possibilites--endless
and shaken with worry

not that she likes him (she
only likes him) because
it's just a seed, a
planted weed

tearing up her mind
and she can't seem to
pick them all and leave
the flowers

but she doesn't want
this (she doesn't think so)
scared eternally of
confessions, proclamations

it's incontrovertible this
thing (he's not that kind--
a friend)
yet she's irrevocably
fallen into the garden

and the weeds start to
take on a shape, a form
of yellow petals,
evolving to gray fuzz

she inhales like it's her
last, blow (the greatest
gust) and wishes, the deep
kind--11:11--and begins to
wonder over to him


Heather

7 pairs of penny loafers:

Caroline said...

At the risk of the wrath of the comment-label-monologue, I'm going to have to say that that was kind of a pathetic list. Especially since you've made LOTS of discoveries, and those were only your TOP FIVE. Two of them weren't even discoveries at all.
Go ahead. Respond, not in a nice way.

But praise is not on the list, so I can't technically tell you that I loved the poem and find it awesome and especially relatable. Shh. I didn't say that. That would be BREAKING THE RULES.

Heather said...

There is a particular bad word I want to say to you right now, Caroline, but I won't because I'm nice.

If the comment definition annoys you, I will take it off! Okay?

And I know it's a pathetic list, but I couldn't remember what I'd discovered. Oh, wait I remember one now. The YA Author Mansion. But that's only one.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Yes, it's annoying not remembering something. And then it nags in your mind reminding you know the answer but you don't know it. If that makes any sense. Lol.

And you're an amazing poet.

Hit back!

Aren x

Caroline said...

*widens eyes* A bad word? To me? I'm taking a few guesses, and I don't like any of them. But I guess my intention was to incur the wrath of the comment-label-monologue...

Oh. I'm only now noticing the new comment-label-monologue.

Ha. Actually, I liked the old one better. This one reaks of attitude. And why do you keep ROLLING YOUR EYES AT ME?? Everywhere I go, it's just *rolls eyes*, *rolls eyes*, *EYE ROLL*. I mean, what does the random stranger think of me NOW?

I never said I didn't LIKE the old message. I felt the need to mock it, sure, but I never mentioned DISLIKE. And you were meaner about my message. You ROLLED YOUR EYES AT IT.

Anyway. I gather that you're somewhat annoyed at me (but a *bad word*? REALLY?) so I vote that we end all blog-comment hostility. So I LOVE your comment-monologue-whatever. It's great. It's wonderful. It's very entertaining (Well, the old one, not the new one where you roll your eyes at me).

And, now that I'm allowed to say so, I LOVE THE POEM! IT'S *WONDERACULOUS*!

OMG! That's the other thing that was stolen! My word! I've been trying to figure that out for a week!

Anyway.

I LOVE YOU.
Caroline

Caroline said...

P.S.
YOU FOUND THE MANSION!
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT BEING IN YOUR OTHER POST!
YOU ARE THE DEFINITION OF AMAZING!

so. tell me.
... where is the mansion?

Caroline said...

PPS:
You know you live to please me. :)

Heather said...

There will be a link to the the hidden location of the Mansion in today's post...if I ever get around to writing it. Because it'll be later this night after we go to Danielle's.

I know, apparently I'm a sleuth for finding it.