CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

i love you much(most beautiful darling)

i love you much(most beautiful darling)

more than anyone on the earth and i
like you better than everything in the sky

-sunlight and singing welcome your coming

although winter may be everywhere
with such a silence and such a darkness
noone can quite begin to guess

(except my life)the true time of year-

and if what calls itself a world should have
the luck to hear such singing(or glimpse such
sunlight as will leap higher than high
through gayer than gayest someone's heart at your each

nearness)everyone certainly would(my
most beautiful darling)believe in nothing but love

wow. I love this poem. Its by ee cummings(and yes caroline, I do realize that you posted a poem by him too) I was looking for a poem by robert frost and for some reason, ee cummings somehow entered into my search and I found this masterpiece. Alot of his poetry is...oddly written and so I don't like a few of them, but this one is amazing. I love it. New favorite.

luvya
♥heather

2 pairs of penny loafers:

emilea said...

it makes me want to cry! i <3 e.e. cummings. the way he writes is so startling-ly different. it doesn't make sense at first, but you know exactly what it means. it's gorgeous. cummings is genius. i have a poem posted on mine too. i forget which posts.

since feeling is first (i think that's the one caroline posted)

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart). go look that one up. that is my favorite cummings poem, and there are several to choose from.

i could talk forever about cummings,

emilea

Anonymous said...

*slow, genuine smile spreads over face* I love him so much. And I hadn't read that one, so thank you so much for posting it!!!