CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

never eating one of those...

We made a gingerbread house on Christmas Eve.

It was horrible.

The 'Ginger Kid'--yes, that is his name, not Gingerbread Kid, not Gingerbread Man, Ginger Kid--was on the roof about to commit suicide, the chimney was laid flat against the roof, the christmas tree--the only normal thing--looked awful, and the snowman was a giant glob of icing with scary, disturbing eyes.

Everything was together and then, it fell apart. The roof sides started sliding off, the Ginger Kid began to fall over, one side wall caved in, and the icing was all over the place.

We left it like that and poored all the extra candy inside the house through the extra-large opening on the side.

The icing tasted disgusting and so did all of the candy so we decided not to eat it.

We decided to blow it up--ok, that was my cousin's idea but we all joined in on it.

So, we went to get fireworks last night and we were going to take it to the beach, but not a single fireworks store from here to Myrtle Beach was open. Not one. So we had to give up on that idea for last night.

So this morning, while I was still asleep, they went to get some firecrackes and Black Cats. They started blowing up the Peeps and I heard it and it woke me up. Then my cousin comes running in my room screaming that we are going to blow up the gingerbread house.


We go outside and load it up with fireworks(all Black Cats) and light the fuse.

The house is indestructable. It doesn't even get a scratch on it. And we loaded it up. I'm talking almost 10 packs of them and each pack has at least 15 firecrackes in it. The only damage it sustained was a little burning and blackening.

We spent 3 hours trying to blow that thing up. We tried everything. We finally got it to soften enough to blow little chunks off of it.

And by the looks of it, I'm never, ever eating a gingerbread house again.

♥Heather

tell me your best Christmas story, please. I'm curious.

P.S. To see the video, go to YouTube. It's titled Indestructable Gingerbread House.
The member that added it is OctoberGirl47 (that's me)
And I sent it to everyone on my facebook friends list.
And I'm probably going to add it to myspace.

(Before and After pictures are soon coming)

3 pairs of penny loafers:

emilea said...

oh my gosh! that's hilarious! i looked it up on youtube. oh my goodness. it was hilarious. that's just the funniest thing i've heard all day. actually, that's a lie. i will post about the funniest part of today on the blog. maybe with a christmas experience. i don't have any good christmas experiences. i have today's experiences. that's just about it.

emilea

Heather said...

well that's close enough

Caroline said...

Oh my god, I just watched it...
I was completely cracking up. My uncle and my grandma's nurse girl now probably think I'm on drugs.
And that you are, because I told them it was a video of you and your sister and your cousin blowing up ann indestructable gingerbread house. LOL.
Is this the same cousin who carries around Fred's wand like he's Linus with the blanket and thinks bellatrix is still alive?
if so- your cousin is *crazy*
and if not- your entire family, including your cousin are *CRAZY*.
I <3 you!
Caroline